Special Promotion for members of the NSCAA: 20% of this course to save $10
Sports Path ™ has combined with Professor Jay Williams to develop this simple interactive online learning course and ongoing community.
“Improving Player Performance is at the heart of this course and community"
Jay Williams is a Professor of Exercise Science in the Department of Human Nutrition, Foods and Exercise at Virginia Tech, USA and is the author of ‘The Science behind Soccer Nutrition.’ He also has a long history of working with athletes ranging from kindergarten soccer players to Olympic tracks and field athletes.
The overall purpose of the course and community is to assist coaches to improve the diet of their players with the goal of improving performance on the pitch.
The 5 objectives of the course and community are:
- To test coaches’ knowledge through the Introductory Quiz
- To confirm & clarify knowledge in each of the modules so that coaches can answer questions asked by players and parents
- To apply knowledge to the scenarios we have created
- To develop a digital resource (we recommend a blog) to influence and engage players and parents.
- To be an ongoing resource for coaches in the area of soccer diet
The features include the following:
- Video lectures for 14 modules
- Over 100 interactive tasks and over 150 video clips
- Real life scenarios which tackle everyday problems faced by coaches
- How to develop a blog for your players and their parents to improve their diet
- Interaction with Professor Williams and other coaches via Discussion Topics
- Access to download all 15 chapters of Professor Williams’ book on soccer nutrition (worth $20)
The course includes the following topics:
- Does Nutrition Affect Performance?
- The Importance of Energy
- Maintaining & Replenishing Muscle Glycogen
- Are Supplements needed?
- Making Solid Selections
- Match – day Strategies
- The Congested Calendar
- Eating on the Run
- Keeping a Diet and Training Journal
- Access to the community for 5 years
The course was developed with the assistance and input of coaches including over 200 responses to an online questionnaire.To see some sample video clips from the course and also the views of coaches who have complted this course please look at the bottom of this page here
Cost: $50 (£30) but available to NSCAA members for $40 (£24) a 20% saving of $10
To buy click the Buy Button below and please quote your NSCAA membership number as this promotion is only availbale for NSCAA members
Please allow up to 48 hours to be enrolled. Any problems please e-mail RRussell@sportspath.com
To see some sample video clips from the course and also the views of coaches who have complted this course please look at the bottom of this page here
Online Course - ' Soccer Coaching and the Web: Capturing and Organizing Content '
22 WEB SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN ON THIS ONLINE COURSE TO SUPPORT YOUR SOCCER COACHING
- How to use SEARCH ENGINES
- How to access foreign websites via Google Translate
- How to start your own YouTube Channel
- How to share videos via YouTube
- How to develop Video Playlists on YouTube
- How to develop an online network of Trusted Colleagues
- How to develop your Online Profile
- How to Collaborate in Online Social Media
- The best ways to use Twitter as a Soccer Coach
- Using Twitter with your players to support your coaching
- The Soccer Coaches Guide to Using LinkedIn
- Why and How to use RSS Tools
- How to set up your Personal Dashboard on your Home Page
- Using Newsletters
- How to use Content Monitoring Tools
- How to use Goggle Alerts
- How to use Bookmarking & Tagging Tools
- How to use Google Bookmarks
- How to use Scoop. to add notes to video clips
- Why use Session Planners?
- How to decide which Session Planner to choose
- How to develop an Action Plan to Manage Your Personal Knowledge
Delivered on the ' Udemy ' Platform this online course is an example of modern 'micro learning' - 'learning on demand'
- 13 video lectures explaining how to use commonly available FREE web tools to capture and organize content for soccer coaches.
- The lectures are on average 7 minutes long + Download Check Lists
- You can go in and out of the course as much as you like
- You can view the videos as often as you like
- You can start, stop and rewind sessions as you like
- You can access this course on any computer, mobile device or tablet
- And …..Access to the Course Community Site to pose questions and share experiences with other learners
IN ADDITION YOU WILL ACCESS THESE 7 REPORTS ON THIS COURSE
- The most popular Free Soccer Coaching Websites as recommended by Soccer Coaches
- 20 examples of experienced coaches who blog
- Popular Groups for Soccer Coaches to join on LinkedIn
- Popular Soccer YouTube Channels
- Research which shows who Soccer Coaches follow on Twitter
- Sports Path Commended Soccer Coaching Subscription Websites
- The most popular Session Planners as recommended by Soccer Coaches
The course costs $19 ( £11.30) but for NSCAA members the course fee is $10.00 ( £ 6)
To take advantage of this amazing offer to improve your web skills for $10 click below and enter NSCAAPromo as the Promotional Code
If you would like to keep up to date on how coaches are using the web to please view the FREE Sports Path Newsletter. Details here
And You can also follow us on Twitter @Sportspath