Soccer Diet: The Simplest Way to Improve Your Team’s Performance
Sports Path ™ has combined with Professor Jay Williams to develop this simple interactive online learning course and ongoing community.
“Improving Player Performance is at the heart of this course and community"
Jay Williams is a Professor of Exercise Science in the Department of Human Nutrition, Foods and Exercise at Virginia Tech, USA and is the author of ‘The Science behind Soccer Nutrition.’ He also has a long history of working with athletes ranging from kindergarten soccer players to Olympic tracks and field athletes.
The overall purpose of the course and community is to assist coaches to improve the diet of their players with the goal of improving performance on the pitch.
The 5 objectives of the course and community are:
- To test coaches’ knowledge through the Introductory Quiz
- To confirm & clarify knowledge in each of the modules so that coaches can answer questions asked by players and parents
- To apply knowledge to the scenarios we have created
- To develop a digital resource (we recommend a blog) to influence and engage players and parents.
- To be an ongoing resource for coaches in the area of soccer diet
THERE IS A FREE WEBINAR ON ' MULTIPLE GAMES WITH LITTLE TIME FOR RECOVERY'
FOR DETAILS CLICK HERE
The features include the following:
- Video lectures for 14 modules
- Over 100 interactive tasks and over 150 video clips
- Real life scenarios which tackle everyday problems faced by coaches
- How to develop a blog for your players and their parents to improve their diet
- Interaction with Professor Williams and other coaches via Discussion Topics
- Access to download all 15 chapters of Professor Williams’ book on soccer nutrition (worth $20)
There is a 20 % discount on this course until the end of April 2014. Details here
The course includes the following topics:
- Does Nutrition Affect Performance?
- The Importance of Energy
- Maintaining & Replenishing Muscle Glycogen
- Are Supplements needed?
- Making Solid Selections
- Match – day Strategies
- The Congested Calendar
- Eating on the Run
- Keeping a Diet and Training Journal
- Access to the community for 5 years
The course was developed with the assistance and input of coaches including over 200 responses to an online questionnaire
Cost: $50 (£30)
To buy click the Buy Button below
Please allow up to 48 hours to be enrolled. Any problems please e-mail [email protected]
What coaches think about this course
Andy Williams, Head Coach English Schools FA Under 18 International Team:
"I found the whole programme well set out and very informative. It was useful for me at this stage to undertake some kind of 'refresher' as well as updating my nutritional knowledge. This was the perfect tool.I thought the sound bite video clips / powerpoints used to summarise each chapter were helpful in the sense that they focus on the main points without all of the research / evidence that back up each point. Having access to the reading material and not having to source it all myself through the web (which as is pointed out is full of misleading and inaccurate information) again was a major plus of the programme.
I did enjoy the scenarios, because ultimatley that is our work as a football coach and negotiating these moments is a test of our our knowledge and skills, and is often a weakness and therefore left untouched."
Sigi Ragnar Eyjólfsson,Technical Director Icelandic Football Association and Head Coach Icelandic Womens International Team
" Course looks good.I checked many of the videos and the information given. It is precise and simple, effective....And good information of course! "
Darren Spurrier, UEFA B Coach, New Jersey, USA and owner of Darren Spurrier Soccer Training Website
"I have just completed the course and cannot wait to start my own blog on Soccer diet and how by eating a solid diet it can help improve performance. As a youth coach I feel it is necessary to help educate my players on this topic.
All aspects of the course were of tremendous value to me, I love the idea of the reflective learning aspect with the player journals and really getting them to think seriously about their diet"
Gary Burke, Maryland ODP U13 boys Head Coach 2012
“The course was very factual and informative- very beneficial "
How well could you answer the 7 questions from Professor Jay Williams ? Sign up for this unique course on Soccer Diet to find out you have the correct answers and much much more !