E-Learning Consultant in Sports
• Born in Odense, Denmark of Scottish Parents.
• Qualified as a teacher and played semi- professional football before joining the English FA in 1978 as a Regional Coach, then Assistant Director of Coaching.
• Extensively involved in the FA National School at Lilleshall in the 1980’s and as Assistant Director of Coaching from 1990 established the FA’s Grassroots Programme and the implementation of the UEFA Coach Education Course in England.
• From 1997 until 2005,Technical Coordinator responsible for the creation of the FA Coaches Association, the introduction of Mini- Soccer, the initiation of FA Learning and with Howard Wilkinson the creator of the Academy System in England.
• Robin left fulltime employment with the FA in 2005 to start his own business in e-learning in football (Sports Path) and also to become UEFA Football Development Consultant for whom he stills works
• Also acted as a consultant on coach education and football development projects with FIFA ,CONCACAF,AFC: for National Associations ( e.g. Cyprus, Saudi Arabia ,Turkey, Northern Ireland, Palestine, ) and clubs (e.g. Shakhtar Donetsk, Southampton FC) and the European Synthetic Turf Council
• In 2010 together with Howard Wilkinson, the Chairman of the English League Managers Association, established ‘ The LMA School of Football Management ‘ – a suite of online courses for soccer coaches which have attracted over 1500 students in the first 3 years
For Further details go to www.sportspath.com